We are looking for a collections officer to assist with the collection of outstanding debts in Blantyre and Mulanje. The collections officer will contact clients and inform them of their debts, negotiate payment plans, and ensure payments are made as soon as possible. You may also be required to institute legal action when payments are not made.
To ensure success as a collections officer, you should have excellent communication, negotiation, and mathematical skills, as well as attention to detail. A skilled Collections Officer should be able to reduce Organisation’s losses by encouraging customers to pay their overdue bills.
Blantyre and Mulanje districts
The Collections Officer will report to the Business Development Officer and the Programmes Manager
Collections Officer Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the project’s debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payment.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Traveling regularly to make loan repayment follow-ups
Collections Officer Requirements:
- A qualification in accounting, business management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Must be able to use a motorcycle and should have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Familiarity with mobile money loan collection systems and techniques
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
Candidates who meet the above requirements can send their CVs and applications to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a Police Clearance Report at their cost. Applications received later than 1st June 2022, will not be accepted.